Today was a great teaching moment for all 3 girls.
Not only was this a beatiful display, it was also a learning center. There was a picture of the Statue of Liberty and we walked around it in the shape of a star learning more about what it means to be a citizen of the United States. The girls had passports with directions of what they were learning at each stop.
At one stop in the tour the girls were able to take the citizenship test and took the actual swearing in oath that people do to become citizens of the United States. Their Aunt May did this for real last summer- so they were really excited about doing this.

One of the stations had posters for the girls to sign and decorate that were being sent to soldiers who are currently serving our country.
One of the stations had posters for the girls to sign and decorate that were being sent to soldiers who are currently serving our country.


3 comments:
That is so great, Tracy! I wish more people took time to really appreciate the 11th... funny how quickly memories fade -- only 7 years and so many have all but forgotten! You'll have to tell me where that was -- I'd like to take my boys next year!
Love it!!! Wish they had something like that here. I would totally take my kids!
Hi Tracy, I'm feeling a little home sick looking at your pictures. What a great way to spend the day. I love that display of flags, it is breath taking.
Post a Comment