Two stories I don't want to forget from our Mother's Day this year:
1. Rob making Eclair Cake: Sweet Rob wanted to make Eclair Cake- a favorite of mine and our moms- he was so cute and wanted to do it all by himself. A couple of minutes into it he came upstairs to ask if he's supposed to make the pudding first- there wasn't enough milk to mix it. Ummm I'd better go check. In the kitchen was the bowl of dry pudding with 2 little lumps in it. Rob said he couldn't figure out how 2 Tbsps of milk could mix into 2 boxes of pudding. What??? He'd done the boy thing and didn't read the recipe. He added the pudding from the top of the recipe and skipped down to the frosting and added the amount of milk for the frosting. Poor guy at the top of the recipe, right next to pudding, it says 3 cups of milk. (boys definitely don't like to read directions)- I laughed so hard- In the end the cake turned out perfectly- all made by Rob and amazingly yummy!
2. Rob grocery shopping: I needed butter sticks for the rolls for Mother's Day dinner so I made a list of everything we'd need including butter sticks (if I'd put butter Rob may have come home with a tub of butter) So our list included butter sticks. When he got home Rob handed me Butter Flavored Crisco Sticks- he definitely keeps me laughing. So sweet though cuz he knows I use these in making cookies- guess we can have cookies instead of rolls :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That is funnY! It's the thought that counts :) What would these men of ours do without us?
Post a Comment